Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prologue

While Sam and I were still dating, we chanced upon the advertisement for this new HDB development 5 years ago. It looked nice and majestic so we decided to head down to the show flat to take a look. I cannot really remember if it was crowded or not, but there were a handful of people. We quite like the place, especially the location of it.

I (not sure of Sam though) was drooling over the pictures in the brochure that we brought back. After some brief discussion with Sam, we decided to apply for it online. It's cheaper doing it online. After that was waiting for the queue number.

I got the news from Sam when I was having dinner with AJ and gang. He called and told me the queue number we got fell within the number of units available. I was ecstatic! The number of applicants were million times (okay, I exaggerated) more than the units available. Maybe is due to the fact that Sam not being a Chinese, so we do not have to fight with the other Chinese? Anyway I could not contain my excitement so I broke the news to the gang. Then later at the MRT station, AK and JS told me that they applied too. So they were equally excited. Anyway, the queue number they got was 3-digit, our's was 4-digit.

Fast-forward. HDB sent us a letter for flat selection. I had decided that I want a planter in the living room and a bay window in the master bedroom. So we short-listed a handful of units that falls into the various category. The day before the appointment with them was nerve-wrecking. I'm so scared that my first-choice will be taken up. God was good to us. We got our first choice. It was a relief after that.

The signing of the lease came a few weeks (or months) later. After that is years and years of waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment